Saturday, November 27, 2004

FRANKOLA: Ammonia never tasted so good!

So here it is, another weekend, another batch of mediocre films in the theatres here in Logan.
Finding Neverland?
Nope
Kinsey?
Nope
What do we have in the theatres?
Well: National Treasure... oooooohhh
Yeah, I'll pass thanks.
Polar Express..... I can see that anywhere in the state.
Same with Sponge Bob
The movies that I want to see, namely the two above just haven't shown up.
No, instead we have the "Work and the Glory"
Yeah... I'm not seeing that.
I respect why people would want to see it, but it simply holds no appeal to me what so ever.
And it's on two screens... which isn't alot considering Incredibles took up a total of four for three weeks. And the weren't sold out opening night for any of the shows (In fact at the time I went and saw it, it wasn't even crowded).

There are still a few throw backs kicking around in the theatres here:
Grudge and Saw are both still showing.
Napolean Dyanamite; which I'm happy to report has finally moved into the cheap run down theatres.

OHHHH JOY!!!
It's been snowing all goddamn day!
Yep, little flakes from the sky.
I really dislike snowing.
No that's not a typo, I don't mind SNOW, I don't like the action of snow falling from the sky; which is snowing.
I like the cold.
Big guy and all, I put off alot of heat, the cold is more comfortable for me than the heat.
The cold is fine.
I don't mind the clouds either.
Hell, snow on the ground is great. It's pretty after all, how can I not like that.
No it's the act of snowing I dislike.
I'm a minority here in Utah.
There are alot of people who, I am sure, are completely excited about the snow.
They've grabbed their freshly waxed skis from the closet.
Fastened them to their four-wheel-drive moving murder machines and sped up to the hills as quickly as thier leaden feets would allow.
Yes, they are speeding down the mountains on two thin pieces of graphite, fiberglass and or wood, and when they get to the bottom. They sit on a chair that carries them back to the top.
JOY!
I've never been skiing.
I never want to go skiing.
I have a fear of pain, I may have mentioned that before, and skiing seems like an activity that may be a possible contributer to pain.
So I advoid it.
It's just a slight sprinkling now, but this is the first of many storms I'm affraid.
I have to find myself a nice pair of boots.
So I can start walking, because I hate driving while it's snowing.

I have more to rant about.
I could fill up your entire day with one rant after the next.
You'd probably hate me for it, if you cared enough to read it all.
But I digress, you may go back to what your doing.
What I write isn't really all that interesting any way.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home