Friday, November 12, 2004

A Rant Brought to you by Frankola:
We make Frank sweat in gallons of carbonated water for hours to give you that delightful taste.

Ok, I'm agravated. I'm pissed. I'm... dare I say it: Disgruntled.
The films here in the valley are a poor fair at best.
There are several that have been here for weeks ad nosium and, as far as I can tell are only drawing a limited amount of people, while there are others that are playing on three screens here in the valley. THREE SCREENS!!
The Incredibles was an enjoyable movie, but it wasn't selling out opening night, why continue to have it on three screens?
If it wasn't selling out on three screens opening weekend, chances are it still isn't.
And "Napoleon Dynamite". How many of you have heard of this film?
It's a little film made up in Preston that took away some prizes at Sundance.
Though I hear it's great, I haven't seen it, and you know what: I have no stinkin' desire too.
It's working on it's sixth month here in the valley.
SIX GODDAMN MONTHS!!
Why?
Sure it's great and all, but I'm pretty sure anybody who's going to see it has already seen it.
I'm sure happy the kid is so successful, but I don't see the reason to keep it in theatres.
I'm sick of all the goddamn fluff that this valley pulls in.
I walk through blockbuster seeing film after film that I'd never even heard of, because the theatre's here didn't try to get them, or didn't qualify to get them.
The art cinema's great, but when I have to go there to see a movie that is mainstream everywhere else in the country really pisses me off.
I'm hoping "Kinsey" comes here, if it does, it will probably be at the art cinema.. perhaps I'll be the only one there, like Tom and I was for Shawn of the Dead.
I hope that 'Finding Neverland" makes it. Oh I'm sure it will, if they can give up one of the six theatre's that have "the incredibles" and "the polar express" on it.

Well, I think I'll hit blockbuster tonight, maybe see one of those movies we probably should have gotten, but didn't.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home