Tuesday, November 23, 2004

So I check the blogs religiously everyday.
I go to each to see if anybody's posted something new.
And I'm always delighted when there is.
I appreciate all of you who post regularly.
I appreciate all of you who don't.
I'm looking forward to see some of those who haven't posted for a while do so.

So I've been listening to alot of news lately.
Trying to advoid Iraq when I listen, but I need to sometimes.
The thing I'm really keen on listening to these days is religion in the schools.
Some schools in the south have been getting some flak over putting a disclamer sticker on a book that states "Evolution is only a theory".
Well, so's relativity, but yet we don't question that, that is we the non-sciencetists.
And so many other things we have based all of our technology on.
What happens if we're wrong, and it all stops working?
That'd be funny.
Being thrust back into the stone age because only our beliefs that the scienctific theory that we knew little about but took for granted was wrong, puts a smile on my face.

So many angry people over prayer, or creationism, or abstinence, over belief in general.
Many want god in school.
Many don't.
Here's a question: can science be a form of religious belief?
If yes, why do so many people take it for granted, and why if it has been shown to be correct time and time again, don't more people throw their lot into believing fully into science?
If no, then why pull religion into it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home