Monday, November 22, 2004

So, the weekend is over.

I'm back here, at work, and I'm working hard as you all can tell.
I saw Nicks show on Saturday. Fun little show.
Different in approach as far as being put together in play form, but Nick did well with it as a director, and he's got alot of talented kids.
Looking forward to the next one man.

Been cast in some plays, that should be fun.

In response to Deannes commentary on women.
First let me say, I love women.
On this note I'm a romantic in the 19th century sense of the word.
Call me a chuavnist, call me a bastard I don't care.
Women are simply beautiful beings, both physically and mentally.
I've written just as many poems about the smile in the eyes of a woman as I have about hideous demons crawling under my feet.
Maybe more.
They are more empathetic, and easier to talk to on an emotional level than men are.
That is simply a fact.
That's why I have had many female friends, because I could go to them and get the empathy and sympathy that I needed at the time, and yes it is a matter of need at times.
They are very in tune with each other.
And they can be with men.
That being said, men aren't totally out of the loop in this sense.
Granted we aren't as easy at it as women are.
We are more reluctant to trust other men with our emotions, alot of this is based on societal stigmatisms on the issue, another may be genetics.
But once two men have gained the ability to comunicate on an emotional level, there is a comraderie there that is difficult to break, either through time or events.
So while men don't have the sensitivity of women, and we don't have the imediate unity that women might, we can form bonds that can make us tight.
So while I've been close to many women through the years.
We've never been on the same mental plane.
That's never been true with the men I've been close with.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home