Wednesday, March 30, 2005

It is a bleak gray out.
Small flakes of white rush to the ground in anticipation of their melting.
And here I sit, time sharing my staring between the computer screen and the white flakes.
I'm in a vile mood: not enough sleep, snow falling, a desire to be someplace else, these all contribute.
It's Wednesday.
Of all the days of the week I hate Wednesday the most.
Why, because it's the middle of the week, and because of it's spelling.
Look at it, all smug in itself, a D and an N sitting side by side.
And causing us to pronounce a sound that makes absolutely no sense.
No one know's how to pronounce it correctly, oh you'll hear people claim they know how to pronounce it correctly... but the don't, not really.
Travel the country, talk to people about that horrible W day.
The day one, and only, day of the week that isn't pronounced how it's spelled, and you'll get as many different pronounciations as the people you meet.
OH CURSED UNPRONOUNCABLE DAY!

I'm better, I'm calm now.
Just had to get that out of my system.
Well, I lied I'm still in a vile mood.
There's alot more than that listed above that contributes... but I will leave you wondering for a fleeting moment what those things might be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home