Tuesday, September 14, 2004

The flickering light plays dim shadows across the wall as I lay wanting. Reaching out, I grasp for the it, hoping in vain that my fingers will clutch it firmly in their grasp.
The light mocks me.
I relax waiting for the light to take flight. It dances here and there, joyfully for a time. I'm mezmerized by it's beauty. A longing overcomes me and I desire to be with it as it plays across the room. I envision myself as a light with it, but my will does not avail me.
A silent hush, and a wondering catches my breath as a second light appears. I know not where it came. They dance around each other. Cat and mouse, one pursues the other, and when it is caught, the roles reverse. I lay gazing at the dance. Thinking of the beauty and joy only briefly before I give way to anger. Anger at me inability to take flight as this one had.
Anger at the second light.
The anger burns deep, it burns hot. I hate the second light, for it doesn't have the same beauty as the first. It's different.
It mocks me.
I close my eyes tightly waiting for it to disappear. It does not. They bounce and weave together, going here and there, casting shadows as they go. I watch both closely. I find my anger waning, I see it it, another beauty in the second light I had not seen while I was blind.
I gaze in wonder.
The dancing becomes intricate, and faster. Hurrying they begin to weave patterns of light, a lattice frame work appears before me..... and to my astonishment, they become one.
Then they fade.
I lay in the darkness alone. Waiting for the next light to appear, secretly hoping it doesn't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home