Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Two posts in one day?
What will the world come too?

It's sunny out now. I'm rather pleased by that.
Now if only my meager paycheck will arrive so I can go cash it, and watch it disapear.
Which is what will happen.
I hate being strapped for cash all the time... but it's my own fault.
I'm very compulsive when it comes to making small purchases.
I won't go blow 50 bucks on a new video game, or a couple of dvds.
I don't typically buy nicknacks.
No, most of my purchases are small, when I do buy frivolous things.
10 bucks here, 5 bucks there.
By the time things are said and done I've spent 80 dollars of my hard earned money.
One habit I have to break is eating out alot.
It's easy enough to break when I don't have the money for it.
Not so much when I do.
I think about the money I blow in a given week on eating out, and I'm usually agahst. 50 to 60 dollars, that would buy groceries for two or three weeks easy, especcially for my needs in tastes.
I have a semi-legitimate excuse at times, too busy for anything but a quick bite.
Sure when I'm at rehearsal until 11 o'clock at night and i've been going all day there isn't usually alot of motivation to go home and whip something up for the next day.
But that still isn't a very good reason.

Budgeting. That's what I need to do is budget.
Easier said than done.
Especcially when you are both used to living off the habitual cuff of things.
The other answer to my question is work more hours.
That isn't always feasable, especcially when you have directors swapping times on you left and right for rehearsal (i'm only speaking about one director in this instance).
The work more hours is a temporary solution of course.
Firstly, while the influx of more cash will be noticeable at first, I'll fall into the same habits again.
Secondly, I'll lose my will to work so many extra hours eventually and need to take time off, or start working less hours.
Which will put me in a fix right away.
Nope, I got to figure out how to budget.
I'm a non-dumb guy, this should be easy.... right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home