Monday, February 28, 2005

"...We don't need to show you no steenkin badges."

So i did not watch the Oscars, keeping with my tradition of not watching it.
I love movies, but I really detest award shows.
Instead I stayed home and rested, as I still wasn't feeling all that hot yesterday, and I watched movies.
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, and a documentary on John Huston.
All I can say is what a cool cat.
Granted not all of his movies are with watching, even he has admitted to that, but there are a number that are, least of those "Treasure".
That film has intrigued me in two ways.
I'm now going to see if I can find a copy of Travens book by the same name and give it a read.
It is supposed to be much grittier than the film (which for the time was pretty gritty).
The second thing is to seek out the AFI's top 100 films and watch them in reverse order.
I'm actually going to start that this week.
I figure three films a week isn't unresonable, less when I have to, more when I can.
I should be done by this time next year.
Now for something completely different.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home