Tuesday, March 01, 2005

So... here I am.
I thought I wanted to write something today: but guess what? I don't know what to write.
So, I suppose I'll start off by babbling.
blah, bleh goo goo, bleh boo boh bah
geoo gah, chi bmmah muuug thump litlo puli mi doop poop goop

somethings come to me.
I think i might be in over my head with one of thise scripts: Last Tuesday.
I'm close on my lines, the problem isn't with my lines though, it's with every one elses.
See I don't talk to anybody else on stage untill the very end. Two lines are all I say at the other characters.
Naturally though, I take my cues from them, and even that wouldn't be a problem, it it wasn't for the over laps, interruptions and long spans of silence that I have in my part.
This is by far the most difficult part i've ever had, not simply on the portrayal of the character, but in the context of the play itself.
Can I potray this character? Yes, I think I can do that just fine.
Can I do it the way the play needs, i.e. with all the timing difficulties? I don't know... I simply do not know.
The play is interesting because of the overlaying textures. The fact that there are five people on the subway car and all of them have a different story.
I'm hitting the script hard over the next few days, as well as really focussing on rehearsals.

Wish me to break something, may take more than a leg this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home