Thursday, February 24, 2005

It's another sunny day here in Logan.
That's good.
I'm not feeling it though, I'm in a vile mood.
I'm in a vile mood alot aren't I?
I would like to point at the cause, but I'm not sure anything but my own mediocrity is to blame.
Now, I'm not mediocre by nature.
No.
I'm mediocre by choice.
The question is, why would anybody choose to be mediocre?
Well, to be honest it's easier to mediocre than anything else.
In order to be both a success and a failure one must try, one must apply themselves and make an attempt to excel.
Mediocrity takes minimul effort.
To be mediocre one must simply subsist and survive on the lowest common denominator.
There are mediocre individuals in every strata of society.
Not just the poor or disenfranchised, but the wealthy and the middle class is also full of mediocre people.
Those who are given a tremendous amount of talent, but never do anything with it.
Those who are given opportunities, but never leap at them.
Those that are given social advantages such as wealth, or position, but never exploit them (yes those things are meant to be exploited) for good or ill.
These are the drudges of the mediocre.
Individuals who are never trully happy, but never motivated enough to strive for any other emotion.
I go through phases of mediocrity, this is one right now.
I do it, because it's easier to coast along, than too propel oneself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home