Monday, March 07, 2005

A couple of notes, first off.
One, apparently Tom thought he was doing this coming Saturdays ' Geekdom article.
Well my apologies Tom, I had my wires crossed. I'm looking forward to reading what you have to say...
and second, what Tom has to say is about the "1983 Video Game Crash" not 1984 as I originally put. Apparently two completely unrelated events. One having to do with the economics of video games, the other having to do with a large stack of video games falling over.

Annette, I think you win my monthly non-prize for most "ahhhh" moment with the Barbie gig.
Kids are cute, and sometimes I don't even mind them.

So I'm feeling dim right now.
No, really dimmer than normal.
I had a 7 a.m. rehearsal for "Last Tuesday" this morning, and needless to say (why am i saying it?) i'm really tired.
I'm really looking forward to going to bed tonight, I'm evening planning on going to bed early, despite my hatred of doing so.

I've decided that there aren't enough hours in a day. So I'm proposing, now bear with me here, that we change the standard hour time from sixty minutes, to fourty-five minutes.
This will increase the number of hours in a day from 24 which is old and standard, to 32 which is a happier number more condusive to getting things done.
That way the hours at work won't drag by.
You'll be getting payed for the same number of hours, but will have more hours to do things with after work.
Now granted, this will increase the number of hours somethings are, such as movies, or drives, or airplane flights.
But I think the good out weighs the negative in this case.
A fourty hour work week can still be standard, but instead of only having 128 free hours after work for things, you'll have a whopping 184 hours.
Sure things like eight hours of sleep won't be quite as fulfilling, but, you could always sleep an extra hour or two, you'll have them free to do so.
Can you imagine it though?
Hours upon free hours of things to do, and all we have to do is make one little adjustment.
Seems reasonable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home