Wednesday, September 29, 2004

It's overcast today. The clouds make a ceiling above the valley, making it feel somewhat claustrophobic.
I don't mind.
I find my self rather melancholy today. It happens, frequently or infrequently, given my temperment and the season.
I'm missing people today.
I'm content most of the time, but some days, like to day, I miss people.
Family, who I know I'll see again (though most likely not until Christmas, or possibly thanksgiving).
Friends I haven't seen since highschool; some I still comunicate with, others I have not, and probably will not again.
Friends from my first few years in college, many I haven't seen in years.
Others more recently; you guys on The Cake for instance.

I can hear the construction across the street and a block up. They're tearing up sidewalks, and putting new sidewalks in.
I have a suspicion that the block the store is on may be next.
I'm not looking forward to it.
It will close our store front for a couple of weeks.
That's going to take a toll on our business.

Well the good news is, I should be caught up with my debt by the end of December. Unfortuantly I won't be able to start school in the spring semester as I had hoped.
Yes I'm going back, but not as soon as I had hoped.
But I can start saving money, which is a good thing.

I composed a little melody for the song in Holes.
Now before you say "Frank, that already has a tune."
Well, nobody knew it, and Colin asked me (after everyone volounteered me for the task) to write something.
It's a haunting little melody, in Aeolian. At the moment it's stuck in my head.
I think i'm going to use it for something else.
Don't know what yet, but something.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home