Wednesday, September 22, 2004

I find myself thrust suddenly into that old routine: work, rehearsal, home to sleep. Work, rehearsal, home to sleep.
Strange how easy it is to fall into. Almost second nature now.

Fall is officially here.
Today is the day of it. I don't know if you folks in Vegas or L.A. notice, I'm sure Annette notices up in Canada.
Here in "God's Country" it is a cool day, I don't think it's over 60 degrees, it's over cast.
Most people are wearing jackets or heavier shirts.
I'm not most people.
I have sandals and shorts on. It's cool. But it's not cold.
Across the street the sounds of men with large machines rings out as they tear up the side walk.
I don't know why really. The side walk wasn't damaged, it didn't need to be replaced. Though I'm sure when somebody called them and told them that they'd be paid, the jump to do it.

I have half an hour here at work before I fly to my rehearsal at the university.
Today's the first day of blocking. We've less than a month before the show opens. Not to mention, we're still having casting problems.
One guy dropped yesterday.
He apparently is going to be a 'featured extra' in a movie filming on the salt flats the week of tech. He's getting paid. Probably get to meet Anthony Hopkins, if he's lucky.
I don't blame him.
$150 a day. Catered meals for a week. The chance to have your image, if not your voice, on the big screen. Hope that stuff doesn't get cut from the final film.
There's a bit of uncertainty on my behalf about this play.
There are things I've never done in a play before that I have to do here.
That's always the case though, really.
I'm just tentative about my abilities, and quite frankly scared of failure.

It's been relatively quiet here at work today... hell this past week.
Part of me relishes the quiet.

It feels like fall, today.
That makes me happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home