Monday, September 27, 2004

Let me first say, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BRUCE'S BLOG.
Congratulations Bruce on the year. Glad to have you around.

So I spent the bulk of yesterday playing the Xbox game "Fable"
Now I have to admit, I AM a little dissapointed with it.
It is a good game, well put together, but it's a very small game.
Short.
I've only been emeshed in the world for about fifteen hours, several short spurts during the week and several hours yesterday, and I'm about 2/3rds of the way finished.
It's great that I've been able to marry two different women and two different towns; it's great that I've got many little side quests still to do, but as with every one else, it's too small.
I'm the sort of video gamer who likes to set a game aside after a while and come back to it later.
I've done that with nearly everygame I've ever played.
With this one, there almost isn't a point, at least with the current quest, to do that.
It will only take about five, maybe ten hours of game play (a week for me, maybe).
There is alot to this game, other than the quests, but some of it's easy, the rest borders on impossible.
If any of you have an Xbox, wait until the price drops, then pick it up. It's a good game; you can kill villagers and merchants (if that's your thing, it's not mine, but I did kill a blackjack dealer for beating me about ten times in a row at blackjack) . Get married many times over (I'm married twice, and working on the third). Find random, useless, but interesting junk.
It's fun.
But I crave more quests.

That's my geekiness for the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home