Thursday, May 08, 2008

So, my van is no more.
Last week, a week ago today in fact, I had it towed away, was given a small compensation for my loss.
I was sad to see it go. I had some great times with the van.
Driving up to Flaming Gorge. That's when I met T.J. Larsen. That was an awesome trip!
I'd love to do that again.
Let Joel take it so he could make a trip to Vegas so he could take JayC and Erica the stuff they had left here.
Many trips to Roosevelt.
Many friends helped move with it.
In fact that's how I met JayC and Erica... Joel talked me into it. I helped them move, and I'm damned glad I did.

With out that van I would have never discovered my love for theatre... it was Joel, JayC and Erica that introduce me to it.
In fact many people I still care deeply for (even if I haven't seen some of them for years), I owe to owning that van.

The van had it's time. There was a lot of money sunk into it over the years. It finally broke so bad, I couldn't afford to fix it.

So good bye Servo-Beast.... (Rachel helped name it), you'll be missed.

Now I've the Brown Beast... a truck.
I've named it well.

Now to pay for gas...

1 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Blogger Kevin Doyle said...

Sorry about the van but at least the gas monster has you by only one nut now, rather than two.

You asked about the article I'm working on. A little over a year ago I gave a speech at the USU president's residence related to my promotion to full professor. I told a bit about my background and led to what I felt was important and needed in a vital theatre program and theatre in general (I don't feel we have a vital program at USU, too many individuals chasing their own wants and too, too few really knowledgeable about professional theater and contemporary issues in theatre and the world). So my talk veered in that direction and afterward I was encouraged to tweak it into an article for The Chronicle of Higher Education. I'm working on that with some help from a friend in the journalism department.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home