Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Devil walks at Midnight

So I have this bitchin' devils mask. Had it for years.
Now, it's been in my van for while, but I've brought it inside, as I'm cleaning the van out so it can be hauled off in the next week.
Just picking the mask up, I had the urge to go put it on and go run around town.
Nothing to crazy. No lurking in yards, or anything.
Just walking around Logan Utah with a devils mask on.

Now I think that walking around Logan with a devil's mask on would be bitchin' (just like the mask is).
But... I'm fairly sure doing so would get me arrested.

Oh well.
Fun thought.. too bad i can't do without getting harrassed by the man...

2 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Blogger Sandman VII said...

I don't know, I was in Wal-Mart the other night and a couple of punks in Halloween masks were running around the store. I'm sure you could pull it off, unless you started holding up gas stations or banks. Who knows that might be fun too. *devil horns*

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger F.G. Shaw said...

The cops here in Logan are notorious bullies, and are often (rightly) accused of over stepping their authority. This is a blanket statement, but is sadly accurate for a majority of police officers here.
I'm not riduculing law enforcement in general, or trying to take on a anti-police stance.

A friend of mine is dating a sweet young girl. A police officer, who's married to her friend, ran a background check on him with out any provocation. It's not uncommon for police to run liscence plates and pull people over based on assumptions from running the plates, not from a traffic violation committed (or a roadblock).
Another instance: Same friend, was driving me to a house to meet up with my ladyfriend at the time. He was going the speed limit, committed no traffic violation. We were pulled over by a police officer because he had run the plates and the car that my friend was driving was registered to my friends father. His father at the time had a suspended liscence and that's the reason the cop pulled us over.
The cops here in Logan are bored. The crime is relatively low, and is mostly minor misdemeanors. It's not uncommon to see two or more police cars at the side of the road for a common traffic stop. The problem is the police force in valley is massive. There are 5 small town police forces (granted a few of them only have a handful of officers, though Logan has alot) plus the University police force in the 30 mile length of the valley, in addition to a sheriff (and sheriff deputies) and several highway patrol.
The cops are bored, and they pick up any perceived crime, whether it actually is or not

 

Post a Comment

<< Home