Tuesday, April 22, 2008

As long as someone else is pulling my strings

*sqeak, squeak, squeak*

You'd think how enthusiastic the upstairs neighbors were with the motion of their fucking, they'd be a bit more vocal.
Strange I suppose. I guess it's good somebody's getting some. Lord knows I'm not.
I'm in a good mood today. Or at least better than I was yesterday.
I think (I hope) things are coming around again for me.
I resurrected an old play last night and worked on it for a while.
I'd shelved it because I didn't think it'd work. I'd actually started re-writing it a few times. But last night I pulled it up and started reading it, and then re-writing it.
It's pretty damned funny.
Dark as sin. But then, I wrote it. There's blood in it.
I like blood on stage. It's not practical. Gives the techies a lot of work. Some actors are squeamish about it. But if a person is shot in the back of the head (twice as they say in the script several times) with a small caliber pistol the blood doesn't spray, it pours. It's like pouring out a cup of water. I know this from some regrettable footage I saw on the internet several years ago. I'm not sure how we'd emulate that on stage with a corpse. Particularly a corpse that gets up and interacts with her murderer. Especially in a one act where clean up would be essential. But I'd sure like to try.
I'm going to pull it up again here in a bit, and do some more tweaking. A bit of editing and turn it into a pdf file and shoot it out to a few folks.
See what they think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home