Friday, August 05, 2005

so here's another post.
i'm starting to feel better.
still have a huge gaping wound in a very inconvient spot, but it's healing.
that and the pain meds make me loopy as all hell, i don't feel like myself.
i've found that the pain i can endure with a grimace and a shrug, even when it was excruciating it wasn't as bad as accidently brushing near the outer edge of the wound with my finger and knowing that there is a chunk of me missing.
being pricked doesn't bother me either, i.v's, blood testing pretty routine; i can watch the nurse do it with little trouble, but blood from my wound upsets me to no end.
funny that huh?

i am walking a little more each day, paced around my apartment for twenty minutes waiting for the nurse to show up to poke and prod my wound.
that was fun.
i'm not quite up to writing a whole lot yet, but i do get the urge a little bit.
i may have someone take me to the post office later today, or possibly tomorrow.
haven't checked my mail in a while, and last time tom did it.

it won't be long now though
i figure maybe another week and a half, i'll be nearly where i was before it started.
i hope.
my appetite is gone.
i ate lunch today, the most i've ate in a long time and i mentioned to my mother that i ate to much.
i ate most of what was on my plate: little lasgna, some salad, slice of cheese and a couple of small, sliver size pieces of chicken, and some chocolate milk, which is what i love to drink when i'm not feeling well.
my mother made the statement that she'd seen me eat twice that much.
and i have, with out blinking an eye and gone back for more.
maybe this will stick.
i hope so.
for my sake anyway.

this is post 401
amazing.
post 400 was the first one from me out of the hospital.
i feel like i've turned over a new leaf
and all i had to do was have the sick part of me cut away.

4 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's nice to have you back, Frank! I still think you're a tiger, but remember to keep taking it easy. - annette

 
At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey buddy I'm glad you're feeling better. I wish I was there to come see you. I'll be home soon- about a week. I miss you big guy. Feel better soon. You can call Meg to take you to pick up your mail or to get it for you if you ask her real nice.

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Almighty One said...

Hey at least you'll have a cool scar to show off to chicks!

 
At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

frankie - hadn't checked out your blog in a while and just saw your posts about the pain. so sorry you have to go through this. hope all is well otherwise and glad to hear you're on the mend. get there quickly, buddy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home