Tuesday, June 28, 2005

New Frontiers

The company has been struggling.
The bookstore I work at is actually part of a larger company that comprises another new bookstore/video/music outlet, and an art outlet.
The used books is only a small time fish compared to the main.
And the main is struggling.
The entire company has maybe... 30 people between the three stores, 6 or 7 of which are family to the owner.
And thus far 3 people have been layed off.
The store I work at is, at the moment, making ends meet... though that might change.
Our sales are down slightly from last year, and there doesn't seem to be alot of hope for improvement on the horizon.
I'm thinking of setting off into new horizons, before I may be forced too.
It's worrisome, and I don't honestly know what I'd do for work.
Or if it would even be enough.
But I better start keeping my eyes peeled...
because I might have to find something in a hurry.

2 Comments:

At 7:39 AM, Blogger Almighty One said...

That sux. I've thinking of doing the same, plus maybe getting "after hours" part time work. Making ends meet is crap!

 
At 4:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blame Wal-mart. It's all their fault.

S.VII

 

Post a Comment

<< Home