Thursday, July 07, 2005

More on dancing

Well Katrina, I'm glad somebody's paying attention.
When I say that sex is the primary instigator, I'm not in any way insinuating that it is the end all goal, in fact I state clearly that it is Love that is the end all goal.
It's the physical need however that drives us.
Once involved on that level of relationship, the two go hand in hand.
There has to be a physical connection, not even neccesarilly sexual, just intimate in someway.
I was not stating that the physical isn't important, it is, but it doesn't HAVE to be sexual.
Often times however, the desire and the level of love and comittment is enough to istigate the sexual connection in a relationship.
Intimancy is the important part: holding hands, cuddling, hugging, a slight touch, a tender peck on the cheek.
None overtly sexual, though common enough in sexual partners, and typically if there is that level of intimacy in a relationship it will increase.
I'm a humanist, and an agnostic, and possibly a theist (I know that's alot of shit to be, some of which is counter intuitive), and I believe there is a primal drive wired into us to procreate, it's this that is the instigator.
It's this urge for sexual satisfaction, which in and of itself is empty with out the love and friendship of the other, that leads us to do the dance.
I've not been dancing like I should.
Too many trip ups, discouragements and depressing end results, mostly my own doing.
But the underlining catalyst is there, and the ultimate desire for the end result is there too.
I can have sex. Yeah big fat hairy me can find women to sleep with him, and often time's i'm tempted.
But ultimately it's empty, with out "the romance".
That isn't to say that it isn't pleasurable, there is just no substance.
With out said substance, the dancing must still ensue.

2 Comments:

At 8:00 AM, Blogger Almighty One said...

But its soooo messy!

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger chudluscious said...

As usual, Frank you took the words right out of my brain. There's nothin' like making love (that's my term for sex with love behind it....not that I'm the only one who uses it). I'm all for substance...and dessert.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home