Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Four films this weekend.
Zatoichi (I was completely off on the name in my last post) which is the modern take on the story that is actually a long running series in japan.
I really dig it, and I'm inclined to look for some more of the original series made back in the sixties and the seventies.
The second film, a yakuza movie called Sonatine was alright.
It wasn't a bad film, but not exactly action packed, the gun fights lasted for only a brief stint, not exactly an action film.
Three was "Lost in La Mancha".
God I feel bad for Terry Gilliam, I mean that was just a fiasco.
The insurance company, that to my knowledge still owns the right to film, is joke.
Now he's forced to go begging around hollywood for handouts from the studios and producers there.
Sad.
Fourth, and I recomend this to any one who likes movies and animation: The Triplets of Belleville.
What a fantastic film.
I loved it.
In fact, watching it at one in the morning and not finishing it until two thirty, I started it over and started watching again. (I didn't get through it, just too tired).
With almost no dialogue, the story is told through the actions of the characters, and the background noise and music.
Check it out.
It's worth a look.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home