Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Wow, Gen has posted some food for thought, and a topic of conversation.

I will defer to Tom for most facts on for both stem cell research and abortion, too my knowledge he probably knows the most on the topic out of all of us on this board.
How bout it Tom, give us some facts and sources to go to? I know you don't usually like to get into this stuff, but I'm not asking for arguments, just facts. Only offer your opinion and point out argumentative flaws if you want to.

I will ask Gen this, are there ANY instances in which abortion would be considered all right, or acceptable? And, if so what are they?

I personally do not think abortion is a good idea, adoption is, in my opinion almost always a better option. I am a 'pro-choicer', if I'm anything, however. How could I be? Well a couple of reasons, the first one is too complex for me to get into in a simple blog, it would take a few months more research than I have done and require about 30 pages of text to really get into to my satisfaction. Mostly it has to do with human nature, govermental sex education programs, abortion and adoption law and the economic situation with most abortion patients.
The second reason: I dislike like the way pro-lifers have dealt with the situation in the past and today. Something is wrong with their perpective, when it's evil to kill a baby but ok to blow up a clinic with people inside of it? Both sides are both extreme, but those on the pro-life side border on fanatic, and I rather dislike fanatics.

ON another note.
How's everybody been? I'm well, or well enough. I'm just gearing up for the show next week and auditions for another set of shows in Novemember.

It's been lovely up here in Utah the last few days. Not getting above eighty, the leaves are changing, gradually. I get chills during the fall, alot of my poetry (older stuff) has to do with the fall.
Halloweens just around the corner, that makes me happy, because that means that Thanksgiving is just on the way. Whoohoo. I'm a glutton, I'm also lazy, Thanksgiving was made for me.
I really need to find a nice Canadian girl to marry Annette so I can celebrate it twice.
I'm thankful everyday, (I really am). But thanksgiving is one acceptable social occurance to eat alot of really tasty food. And I like that.
Now for the moral implications.

There are three people on bitchcake who haven't posted since august.... dammit post.

Man what a nice day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home