Sunday, September 02, 2012

I got nothing.

It's near 1:30 and I should be in bed. I'm not. I'm watching Retroware T.V. and attempting to type out a blog.

Normally when I start writing these I have some idea of what I want to write about and a rough outline in my head about how the topic should take place. Often times I've spent a good day at work thinking about it. Some times two. I'm up to posting every other day now, though technically it will be day three with this post because it's going up after midnight. Sometimes I've actually pondered the topic of my blog for 1, 1 1/2 days. It probably doesn't seem like it. I should do revisions, but honestly these things are off the cuff. I do some editing  after the initial writing is done. I try to clean up some of the grammar (with my limited abilities) and of course check the spelling. I will also often add and delete, try to get the flow right. But essentially this is rough draft territory, and I think most of the posts show that.

You can probably tell, or not I don't know, that I had no idea what I was going to write about today. I guess that's why I've gone meta. I actually have a lot of drafts on here, some of the starts to poems or stories or even play outlines. Guessing from the time period most of the drafts were saved, I was working at the bookstore at the time. I probably threw them up because I needed to get the idea down asap. Sadly my current job doesn't warrant such ease of posting. We are busy enough most of the time that it simply isn't feasible. Even when we are not they tend to frown on it. Fair enough.

So instead I write late at night and think about what I'm going to write about through out the day. Today i got nothing

Well not true. It's just I'm not done digesting it, so instead you get this blog.

Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home