Friday, February 04, 2005

Wow, last night!
Wow!
The evening started off ok. I left work early to go take care of a couple of things and get some food.
Then I moseyed up to campus for Polish Joke rehearsal.
After rehearsal I get hooked up with bagels from Kathy B. and wow did she hook me up.
(I just at one for breakfast in fact).
I went home, relaxed for a bit, made a phone call and took a twenty minute nap.
Then back to rehearsal I go.
Near midnight I finish, with the Executive Dance rehearsal, which went well, then went off to see my friend Kip at his job.
As you can see my evening was pretty active.
At 2 a.m. I head off to home, looking forward to seeing a pillow and the woman of my dreams.
I get there, and go to go inside the house and.... the doors locked.
There are those of you who know this, but I live in a basement apartment of a house.
The door of my apartment is inside the house itself down a small set of stairs.
There is a door that opens up into this set of stairs, one going up to the attic and the ground level apartment, and one that goes down to mine.
It was this door, the door that isn't intended to be locked, that I don't (and I don't think anybody else does) have a key for.
So I couldn't get in.
There I am standing outside in the cold, my face red with anger and a violent fit striking me.
The guys that live on the ground floor were in bed for some unexplicable reason.
I know it's 2 a.m. but usually they are up keeping the other residents awake at that time with their yelling and running around.
I can't get in.
The windows no good. Too small.
Even if I lose fifty pounds I couldn't fit, my shoulders are too wide to go through.
So I drive to Gossners.
My friend Skinner works graves out there, and he's a small scrawny guy.
I talk with him, and convince him to break into my apartment on his lunch, which sadly doesn't come for two more hours.
So I venture back out to where Kip works and hang out with him for time.
Then back to Gossners and finally home.
Where Skinner succeeds.
Knocking around alot of stuff in the process.
But by about 5:30 a.m. I'm able to go to sleep.
All because some asshole locked a door that wasn't supposed to be locked.
And yes, I'm still incredibly pissed about the whole ordeal.
Maybe it's the lack of sleep.
Or maybe it's the hassle.
Or maybe it's because I still want to strangle the individual responsible...wait no that's a result of my anger.
Wow. What a night.
I'm printing up a sign here at work today to post on the door.
That'll show them.
That and the threat of bodily fluids if it happens again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home