Saturday, December 18, 2004

Something's been bothering me.
Something about my friend Kip.
Yeah he's a wierdo, and a geek; but so am I; I mean seriously I 'm writing a dark comedy about a serial killer and a demon, and I spend my saturday nights playing d&d (and I wonder why I'm so sexually frustrated).
No what's bothering me about him is the fact that I've noticed, and mind you this comes from being around alot of books on the topic, that he looks like Socrates.
Balding, pudgy faced, with a large bushy beard.
Same type of baby face and nose.
I've seen countless photo's and illustrations of the philosopher, and I'm dismayed by the likeness.
I keep envisioning Socrates with a silly hat and a cigarette dangling from his mouth.
Now don't get me wrong, I like Kip, he's a nice a guy.
But it's creepy, knowing that he's a Hellenist (worships Greek gods... don't laugh), and admires greek philosophers, to see a likeness of him on the cover of books.
Yes, creepy describes it.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home