Monday, October 18, 2004

It's cloudy today, and once I've decided I'm awake enough to focus, I'm going to be in a good mood.
It's cloudy today.
IN fact, up on the mountain tops, high above this sleepy little conservative mormon town, there has been a sprinkling of snow.
Like light powdered sugar on a doughnut.
Mmmm... doughnut.
It's lovely and cool today. The ground is damp from the clouds efforts last night.
I had to huddle under my blankets this morning, and I love that.
As long as they keep me warm.

I have a show opening tonight.
I want to say it's going to be a good show, I'd love to say it's going to be a great show.
I'm not sure I can.
The production has been plagued with problems from the begining, from finding actors to fit the role, to the set and the set changes, to there not being enough comunication between the directors and the designers.
We went through it last night, it went... well, I suppose.
It worries me a little when I'm told that I'm a "breath of fresh air".
There are still problems with the show... but, doesn't matter now.
We have to work through them.

Nick, as far as stealing ideas: well it's ok to still ideas. It's ok to still concepts.
As long as its not the same show.
The key to taking concepts and ideas from another source is to make them your own.
In order for what ever you're working on not to be a total rip-off you have to own it.
If you and your cast can 'own' the concepts and ideas and utilize them in such away as to give them a new twist, then I think you're ok.
If not... well, then you're probably doing something wrong.
-On a personal note, about the music... I thought you were going to do this show next year? I could have helped you out with the music had you done so. We could have even found a way to bring in live musicians for the show.
There's so much more to this topic that I haven't even touched on...but, let's see if anyone else responds.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home