Thursday, October 16, 2003

I have a friend who says she doesn't read my blog (I guess it's not as exciting as I thought it was) so tonight I'm going to talk about her. I'm not going to tell you her name, she knows it. She has one she goes by, actually several. Some of you may know her, others won't, that's not the point. IF she reads this, then she'll know who I'm referring to. All the rest of you need to know is what I will tell you.

I've always like the fall. Why? Because it's not as hot as summer, it's not as cold as winter, and I personally think, that it's prettier than spring. There was a paticular fall, it was about four years ago, and it was the fall that I trully got to know one of my best friends. That's right, the lovely woman who doesn't read my blog. It was a great fall, we bonded her and I over late night conversations outside in the bitter cold. Niether of us are stupid, but apparently we weren't too bright at the time.

This was the year her sister was away at grad school. She'd go to a computer lab on campus and talk to her, as would i. See I knew her orignally through her sister. The computer lab was the only lab that stayed open past midnight, so we could stay on the computer an hour longer.

After the lab closed we ended up in conversation. We spoke about many things, I think both of our views have changed since then. It's been four years. Actually I know we've changed, quite alot. She's not innocent anymore about the world, and I'm even more cynical now than I was then. (I like my cynicism, it's the pure greek form of denial, not this modern trendy shit). The changes we've gone through over the last four years have in a way made us completely different people. Yet we remain friends. I'll stand by her side and support her on her life's desicions, and I think she'd do the same for me.

That fall was great. I loved it. I loved standing out in the cold october air at two in the morning shaking my ass off from the frigidness of it. I loved the laughter, and I love the tears. Well, I'd like to think that I made a friend who I can call up twenty years from now and speak too. I'd like to think that.

I certainly hope she does too.

And if you're reading this ________.

Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home