Wednesday, October 01, 2003

Misseserica posed the question of want and wanting the other day. (Ok so it was a week ago sue me). This is something that I've pondered about long and hard since I read it, and now I think I've sorted it out a bit.

Is it better to be wanted, or to want?

Well.... neither, or both. It would seem to me that in order for a relationship to work between to people the needs of both must be addressed. This goes down to the basic level of want. There appears to be a minimum amount of criteria that needs to be met.

One). The person wanting must also be wanted by the other person to a certain extent.

Two).The wanter must have a realistic expectation of those they want.

Three). The person being wanted must be able to give of themselves enough to fufill the other persons want.

Four). This is true, not just at an emotional level, but it would appear at a physical level also.


Five). A balance needs to be maintained. The wanter will be the wanted at times and vice versa, each party needs to note when their roles in the relationship are changing and be able to magage that change.


That's all I've got to say. Just stuff I've observed, there's more to it than that. You can all tell me I'm full of shit, I won't mind. If you've more to add, or something to interject then let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home