Wednesday, October 08, 2003

Arnold is now Governor. I find that ridiculously humorous. Why, because while I know actors can and often are highly intelligent people, I also know that they can be complete and total dumbasses... just like everyone else. While Arnold doesn't strike me as particularly intelligent, he doesn't strike me as particularly dumb either. I know my prejuidice might be due to his thick Austrian accent, I can accept that. Arnolds election to governor, in my opinion, has to do simply with his popularity already established. He's definitly not the first person I'd think of for an official office; no experience. Yet perhaps his total ignorance will actually be benificial for him, most likely won't be, but it might.

Part of me thinks that Arnold will go down like a flaming pile of shit, but another part of me, a little guilty part of me, wants to see him succeed. The reason why is because of the impact that this election has had on the world. It has given people a bit of hope, or perhaps renewed waning hope. Not the hope that an actor or entertainer can go into politics: Regan, Ventura, Bono... just to name a few, some have been succesful, others less than optimum. No, the hope is that they can immigrate to this country and have the potential to do damn near anything. Despite the current attitude the world has for us, many people still see us as the greastest country in the world. Many people outside the U.S. marvel at Arnolds ascension into politics, and if he can do it well, that will only give them that much more hope. If he can't, well then they'll probably blame it on the people around him, or someone else.

We'll see what happens.

The first circus was over, but the clowns raised up thier own tents in the center ring, and invited people in for another show, and outside; the first tent burned around them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home