Saturday, September 27, 2003

A nod to JayC, because I can agree. Now for my own little blurb on the topic.... we make our own muses. It's just an abstract concept. The inspiration that gives us the ability to create is no more forced unto us, or caused by another individual, than the ability to pooh. Our ability for creation comes from our enviroment how we percieve it, and our emotional thought about it. Our out put is an interpetation of our reality in the medium of our choice motivated by our emotional reasoning. That's what we artists do; we think with our emotions, not our logic. The idea of a muse is nothing more than that, an idea.

And for those of you who think I don't know what your talking about... well your wrong. I've had 'muses'. Muses that have caused me to work through aguishing inspiration, some to work through awestruck inspiration. Some were individuals; other things were the sunsets, the murmuring of a river, and the amorphorus ideas floating through the air after stimulating, late night conversation. My creations didn't come from these things, only my emotional responses to them. Further more, I chose which one's to inspire. I chose them. Some of the things came to fruitation, some didn't.

I've always found the best muse to be serendipity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home