Monday, June 06, 2005

The Corporation

I know Big Brother.
I know who/what Big Brother is now, and I can say it's not the government.
At least it's not the government in any strict sense.
It's corporation, big business, all of them.
You know that nagging suspicion you have that you're being watched, the paranoia that things are out to get you.
Well, I have it now.
Over the weekend I picked up a few movies, one of which was "the corporation"
Go see it.
Then you'll understand.

That movie taught me many things that I had no clue to. Such as:
1) Corporations are considered individuals.
Yep, had no idea, perhaps i was being naive, but under U.S. law a coporation is considered an individual.
Yeah, i know doesn't make sense to me either.
2)Coporations have used the 14th amendment more than the any one else... yeah it goes back to them being "individuals"
3)These "individuals" called corporations are psychopaths. That's right, the acti0ns and policies of corporations would make them psychotics if they were real people. (Profiled by an fbi psychologist on the special features disc)
4)There is stealth advertising. A company called Big Fat Inc actually has people who wear, talk, ask, order certain products in restuarants, convience and grocery stores, or simply talk about things on the street. They have these folks sign non-disclosure agreements, hell some of you might be doing it and I wouldn't even know.
5)Advertising to kids; yes we know they do it, they are crazy over it, now gearing towards infants because they discovered that they could recognize logos.
6)Privatization of natural resources...
7)Control of the media.
8)Control of the government, of course this only occurs when we the people let them control the government.

Sure, all of you are saying "Frank, this stuff is obvious, any moron could see it." True, but do you realize how pervasive it is? Do you realize how "owned" you are by corporations.
Spyware on computers, phone surveys, real life product placement and the power of suggestion.
We are programmed by the corporations, i'm not even going to talk about the enviromental impact.
This movie is insane, and what frightened me the most wasn't the anti-corporation interviews the filmmakers conducted, but the interviews with the coporate people.
That's what's really frightening.

Go see this movie, rent it watch all the deleted scenes, what the three hours on the extra disk.
It'll make you think, and if you're like me, make you paranoid.

3 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Blogger Almighty One said...

Damn carbonation corparation has my soul!
I hear ya Frank.

 
At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am proud to say The Corporation is a Canadian-made documentary. I saw it in the theatres a while back and was blown away. There's a book under the same title as well. I'm not sure how much more info it offers than the film, but it might be worth checking out.

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger F.G. Shaw said...

Annette, I was aware that The Corporation was canadian made. I was also aware of the book. If you haven't seen it on DVD yet, I say go and get it Annette. There's another disc that has the interviews with all the interviewies, I don't believe it is all of the interviews, but it does have all the segments that appear in the movie. It's about three hours worth of stuff. You should check it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home