Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Oars

So there is a certain conversation, very very brief really, that I had with a certain Teej that in spite my insobriety oat the time, i recall.
It had to do with when or if he would be doing the same sort of thing that Joel and Deanne were doing.
He said to me some inspiring words:
He told me that he had no plans, he was just going where the current takes him, and that's all we can do.
I lamented that if it were the case, then I was stuck in an eddy.
His response I smile at even now: He told me that it was still part of the current, the flow, and that he had been in eddy's too, but had been handed oars to help him push off back into the current.
His friends handed him the oars.
So, if I'm floating in an eddy, it's my fault, I know i've been handed oars. I've just not used them.
It's time to start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home