Thursday, May 06, 2004

Is Bruce's geekiness spreading?
Well in my case no, i've always been a geek. A fact that I used to be ashamed of, but I now hold up with pride.
I AM A GEEK!
What of it?
Nothing.
I get labeled that because I enjoy playing stupid games, for watching movies like Star Wars or Lord of the Rings, or just plain thumbing my nose at what is to be expected of me by so called 'normal people'
They're the assholes assigning the label of geek.
To hell with them.
I don't care.
I am what I am, and damn I am excited about the new Star Wars movie, I am excited about Spiderman 2.
Both of those movies will be, with any luck, kick ass.

Strange how we need to asign labels to everything. We are a society that names, that needs to have a name for something to understand it, or at least feign understanding.
Do you know what kangaroo means?
"I don't know" that's what it means.
Obviously the aborigines didn't feel a need to name the damn thing.
But the settlers did and settled on that one.
Our understanding comes from our language.
Seems as clear as mud when you think about it.
That's what makes it so tricky, but don't think too hard you'll hurt yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home