Saturday, May 01, 2004

Very few films move me beyond tears.
The sentimentality of the Lord of the Rings brought tears to my eyes. I was seeing something I had longed to see for so long.
Big Fish too.
But very few take me to a place that's, deeply moving.
I can only think of two off hand, though if I sit and contemplate a while I know there is more.
The first was American Beauty.
I love that film.
Every moment of it.
The other one I just finished: White Oleandor.
What was about the movie that struck a chord?
I think it's the fact that the character is struggling with what every single one of us is struggling with: A sense of self, belonging.
Maybe the answers not out there.
Maybe we're the answer. Or maybe, there is no answer.
What was it about that film that struck a chord with me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home