Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother's Day.

It's Mother's Day.
Mother's Day has never been a holiday that I've been particularly diligent in celebrating. When I lived away from my mother I would call her, or barring that instigate a long conversation on IM to chat and wish her a happy day.
And that was that.
When I moved back I may give her a little gift (finances allowing), or take her to lunch. But she never made the day a major event. Occasional grill out, or my siblings would do something. She wouldn't. She'd take the phone calls, and visit with visitors happily.
She's gone, and this is the third mother's day she hasn't been here. She'll be absent for all subsequent Mother's Day remaining in my lifetime and the lifetime of all children her grandchildren.
I miss her. But I don't miss her more today then I did yesterday or the day before. Me missing her is a daily event. Some days is only momentary, other days it's a constant niggling in my mind, and still others there's an open wound that aches.
My mother was amazing. She effected so many people through out her life through her crafts, her advice, or her customer service, and the is telling. I still converse with many people about her. And that warms my heart. She was somebody I (and many people) admired. She was my friend, a confidant and adviser.
I am, and will always be at a loss without her.
But.
I have my memories.
And that's something of value that can be shared.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home