Tuesday, July 08, 2003

Well I didn't work last night at the old Gossner's. I'm glad. I need the cash flow but it always feels nice not to have to go into work. Things always seem surreal to me when I'm at work at night. If I'm just awake not doing anything my reality is fairly grounded. There are certain instances though while working graveyards, especially more than one day in a row where I'm not sure what's real and what isn't. I'm never particularly exhausted or tired at these moments. Yet I don't seem to have a grasp on reality. It's been this way with graver yard shifts as long as I can remember, I don't know why. Right now I know it's Tuesday, the eighth of July. I know that I now have 23 days before I have to be out of my apartment and I know that I spent the evening beating up with two good friends of mine on the Game Cube that one of them owns. Had I worked: I wouldn't know the day of the week, and I wouldn't be sure of the reality of my situation. Ask me why that is. I think it has to do with the monotony of the job itself. Hour after hour, doing the same thing until your mind shuts down. When it comes back on you're not sure if you dreamed the last eight hours or not. Ah such is life.

I'm doing auto books at the book store now ( I think I may have mentioned this). Not particularly interested in cars, but there is something fasinating about all the mechanics of it. I don't know why. I hate fixing the damn things, but I love looking at diagrams on how they work. It's cool. Well more later, or less... I'm never quite certain.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home